Did you know that Bengaluru hosts Asia’s largest air show? Yes, Aero India Show Bengaluru is one of a unique events that has the biggest and largest display of aircrafts. The exhibition and the air show has demonstrations from both Indian and International exhibitors.
This article may contain affiliate links. For full information, please see our affiliate disclaimer here.
About Aero India Show Bengaluru
Started in 1996, Aero India show is an air show and aviation exhibition that is conducted every biennial. Being Asia’s largest air show, the Aero India Show is jointly organised by Ministry of Defence, the Indian Air Force, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the Department of Space and the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
The air show and the exhibition is held at Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bengaluru. At the event, Indian and International businesses participate in the exhibition. In the past, there have been more than 40 countries who have participated in the event. Ranging from the fighter jets to helicopters, the exhibition will host many aviation systems.
Usually, the air show happens between 3 to 5 days where the first few days are reserved for business visitors and the last couple of days are reserved for general public. The air show and the exhibition is based on a certain theme.
In 2023, the air show is being held between 13 and 17 February 2023. The general public entry is on 16 and 17 February 2023. It is anticipated that there will be more than 700 companies who will display at the exhibition. The theme of 2023 is Fixed Wing Platform, which is to showcase India’s growth in the aircraft industry.
Tickets and Passes
You need to register and buy passes to attend the Aero India Show Bengaluru. The tickets are available on their official website and the ticket prices are INR 2500 for Indian nationals and USD 50 for Foreign nationals.
Thing to know before visiting Aero India Show Bengaluru
- The exhibition is open between 9 AM and 6 PM and the air show happens twice in a day, once in the morning and the other in the afternoon.
- Ensure to carry a hat/ cap and a sunscreen as it will be a hot day.
- Plan your day ahead and try to reach in the morning.
- There are parking spaces available but as it is a very huge event, you may get the parking very far and may take up to 1.5 hours to get your parking sorted. It is best to either take a cab or public transportation. Note that there are shuttle buses to commute between parking lot and main gate.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Carry some cash, just in case the UPI or the card payments do not work.
- Always have your valid government identification card with you as there are a lot of security checks.
How to get to Yelahanka Air Force station in Bengaluru?
Yelahanka Air Force station is around 25 kilometres from Bangalore city, towards the Kempegowda International airport. And by road, the journey takes up to 40 to 45 minutes. I highly recommend taking either a taxi (Uber or Ola) or public transportation as parking your own vehicle at the event is time consuming and stressful.
- If you take your own vehicle, note that there are shuttle buses between the parking lot and main gate of the exhibition.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Aero India Show Bengaluru
Q: How to get Aero India show tickets?
You need to register and buy tickets on the official website.
Q: How much do the tickets cost to attend Aero India show?
The tickets cost INR 2500 for Indian nationals and USD 50 for Foreign nationals.
Q: Where is Aero India Show held in Bengaluru?
Aero India Show Bengaluru is conducted at Yelahanka Air Force Station.
Q: What dates is Aero India Show Bengaluru held in 2023?
Aero India Show Bengaluru will happen between 13 and 17 February 2023. The general public can only attend on 16 and 17 February 2023.
Q: What should I carry to Aero India Show Bengaluru?
Ensure to carry the below things with you on the day:
- Valid government issued identification card for security verification.
- Hat/ cap.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
Q: Can I carry a DSLR or a camera with me?
Yes, you can carry your camera and take pictures of the air show. Note drones are not allowed and you cannot even fly them from outside the event premises.
Aero India Show Bengaluru is totally worth a visit. If you love a good display of defence places, then this is a must visit. I have been to Aero India Show Bengaluru many a times and each time, I have had an amazing time.
If you enjoyed and liked this article, do comment, tweet or share this post.
Do you have a question or a suggestion? Or want to know more information? Write to me at email@example.com.