Are you one of those who love beautiful and old hotels? Something that has a history and heritage? Bangalore is home to many landmarks, including hotels and museums, that have rich heritage and history. One such heritage hotel is the Jayamahal Palace Hotel.
This article may contain affiliate links. For full information, please see our affiliate disclaimer here.
- The prices mentioned in the post are indicative and are applicable at the time of publishing the post.
- For up-to-date prices and availability, ensure to check individual and respective websites.
- Opinions mentioned in the post are solely mine and unbiased. If the post is written as part of a collaboration, then the collaboration disclaimer is specifically mentioned at the end of the post.
About Jayamahal Palace Hotel
Part of H.G.H hotels, Jayamahal Palace Hotel is currently owned by the Maharaja of Gondal. With a beautiful lawn and ground in the front, this 4 star property is one of the oldest buildings in Bangalore. Spread across 19 acres of land, this property is a blend of old architecture with modern facilities.
If you are looking for a 5 star hotel in Bangalore, then read Taj Westend Bengaluru for more details.
History of Jayamahal Palace Hotel
Around 1982, the property was originally known as Arni Hall, and was owned by Jagirdar of Arni from Tamil Nadu. Now, the hotel is owned by H.G.H. hotels and this heritage building has been converted into a 4 star hotel.
Rooms at Jayamahal Palace Hotel
The hotel has 3 royal suites, 4 luxury suites, 4 deluxe suites and 25 standard rooms. They are decorated with the traditional interior style and the furniture still gives a touch of heritage and old. These rooms have 24 hours power backup and each one of them come with the European style bathrooms.
Booking and Cost at Jayamahal Palace Hotel
Amenities at Jayamahal Palace Hotel
Each room comes with a flat screen television, mini bar, tea / coffee machine and a safety deposit box. And there is a complementary Wi-Fi that is available throughout the property, including the rooms.
The property has a swimming pool, fitness centre and meeting rooms that can be hired for the conferences. There is also a huge lawn and ground in front of the property that is used as wedding venue.
Restaurants at Jayamahal Palace Hotel
The property has an in-house vegetarian restaurant called Gallops. This restaurant offers multi-cuisines such as Indian, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Asian and International cuisines.
If you do not want to have the food at the in-house restaurant, there are plenty of restaurants and cafes around the property. There are many cafes and bars such as Millers 46, Watson’s Pub and Zodiac Restaurant that is just around 50 to 100 metres from the property. You can also visit the Cunningham Road that has plenty of such food joints. Read Bangalore’s food guide.
Things to do near Jayamahal Palace Hotel
Jayamahal Palace hotel is close to many attractions in Bangalore and there are plenty of things that you can see around the hotel. Some of the places that you can visit are:
- Commercial Street – One of the best places to purchase local products from vendors is the Commercial Street. Home to many brands, this place is very close to the hotel. Ensure to haggle with the vendors before buying the products for a good price.
- Mahatma Gandhi (MG) Road – With lots of cafes, pubs and night clubs, MG Road is one of the happening places in Bangalore. It is a great place to hang out to experience Bangalore’s night life.
- Bangalore Palace – Completed in 1878, Bangalore Palace is one of the must visit places in Bangalore. It is open to visitors everyday between 10 AM and 5:30 PM, and there is an entrance fee of Rupees 225 for Indians and Rupees 450 for foreign nationals.
- Churches on MG Road – With British influence, Bangalore, especially around MG Road and Trinity Circle have a few old and beautiful churches that you can visit.
How to get to Jayamahal Palace Hotel?
The closest airport is the Kempegowda Bengaluru International airport which is around 25 kilometres from the hotel. All providers operate from the Bengaluru International airport and is well connected with other cities and towns across India and internationally.
- You can either hire cabs or use public transport to commute between airport and the hotel.
- The hotel staff can arrange for a pick-up and drop facility for additional charges.
Located close to Cantonment Railway station, the hotel is just around 2.5 kilometres from the city centre and by road takes less than 10 minutes. There are free ample parking spaces in the hotel.
By Public Transportation
The closest metro station to Jayamahal Palace Hotel is the Vidhana Soudha metro station. And the closest interchange bus stop is the Sihvaji Nagar bus stop. From both these places, you can hire an auto rickshaw to get dropped at the hotel. Read how to get around in Bangalore.
Jayamahal Palace Hotel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where is Jayamahal Palace Hotel located?
Located next to Cantonment railway station, the Jayamahal Palace Hotel is just around 2.5 kilometres from the city centre.
Q: How do we get to Jayamahal Palace Hotel?
You can either go by public transportation or hire an auto rickshaw / taxi to get to the property. The closest metro station is the Vidhana Soudha metro station that is around 30 minutes by walk from the hotel.
Q: What are the different kinds of rooms / suites available at Jayamahal Palace Hotel?
There are 4 kinds of rooms and suites:
- Standard room.
- Deluxe Suite.
- Luxury Suite.
- Royal Suite.
Q: What are the charges for the rooms at Jayamahal Palace Hotel?
The price starts from Rupees 4500 per night for a deluxe room. Note that this price does not include the tax (GST).
Q: How do we book the rooms at Jayamahal Palace Hotel?
Q: What are the check-in and check-out times?
The check-in time is at 2 PM and check-out time is 11 AM.
Q: Does the hotel have Wi-Fi?
Yes, they have a complementary Wi-Fi.
Q: What are the amenities available at Jayamahal Palace Hotel?
The property has a swimming pool, fitness centre and conference rooms.
Q: What are the things that you can do near Jayamahal Palace Hotel?
The hotel is very close to Mahatma Gandhi (MG) Road, Cunningham Road, and Commercial street. So there are many things that you can do around the hotel.
Are you short on time in Bangalore? Read One day itinerary of Bangalore.
Q: Are pets allowed at Jayamahal Palace Hotel?
No, pets are not allowed.
Q: Are unmarried couples allowed at Jayamahal Palace Hotel?
No, unmarried couples are not allowed. At the time of check-in, the guests are required to show the marriage certificate or show the proof of marriage.
If you are looking for an affordable hotel in the middle of the city, then Jayamahal Palace hotel is perfect. It has history and is one of the oldest buildings in Bangalore. And most importantly, it is conveniently located close to the city centre.
If you enjoyed and liked this article, do comment, tweet or share this post.
Do you have a question or a suggestion? Or want to know more information? Write to me at email@example.com.