Are you looking to adopt a puppy? How exciting! It is one of the most fruitful things you can do in life. There are many places where you can adopt puppies in Bangalore. And in this post, you will find the list of those places.
Being fond of dogs, my family has also adopted a dog named Brownie, which was left on my street when it was little. Not just my family, I have been blessed to live on a street that has many families who love Brownie and take care of him. We also have another street dog but she does not like to come close to humans. She only trusts my cousin and me. These two dogs are our love and we try to feed and take care of them as much as we can.
Unfortunately, not all stray dogs can get that love and that is where adopting these puppies help them in getting the love and home they deserve. I also have a Instagram account by the name Everyone Deserves Home to spread awareness about the puppies, dogs, cats, and kittens who need a home.
This article may contain affiliate links. For full information, please see our affiliate disclaimer here.
Why Do You Need to Adopt Puppies / Dogs Instead of Buying One?
If you are a dog lover, then you must know that a dog is a dog, irrespective of whether it is a stray or a breed one. Every dog is the same – beautiful! They will still love you unconditionally and will always be loyal to you.
But if you still want to know why you need to adopt a puppy or a dog, then here are some of the reasons:
- By adopting a puppy or a dog, you are giving it a life and saving it from being abandoned on the streets. You are giving the home and the love that it deserves.
- There are many street dogs in our country. By adopting a puppy or a dog, you are reducing their population at the shelters or on the streets. Adopting agencies often ensure that the pets are neutered or spayed before it is adopted. This also promotes in responsible pet ownership.
- Adopting a dog can be an incredibly rewarding experience.
- Many breeders in our country, unfortunately, engage in unethical and inhumane ways of breeding practices. By adopting a puppy or a dog from an animal shelter or streets, there is less demand for these puppies that are a result of these bad breeding practices. And this in turn has a ripple effect by promoting ethical treatment of the mother dogs.
- It is a known fact that the dogs from the shelters have a sense of gratitude and this ensures that the dogs become more attached and create a strong bond with the owners or caregivers.
Things to Know Before Adopting Puppies / Dogs
As much as I promote the adoption of the puppies and dogs, it is also important to understand and realise certain factors before adopting one. Here are some of the things to keep in mind:
- Puppies grow and they become dogs. I have seen so many people abandon their dogs just because they are no more puppies and have grown old. This is disheartening and it is not right.
- Puppies or dogs are like babies, just that they don’t speak. So to take care of them, you need additional money and commitment. Ensure to calculate your finances and budget so it includes the food, grooming, veterinary care and other emergency costs before getting a pet home.
- Some people are allergic to dog fur. Ensure that all the people in your household do not have such problems or any allergies. If you are unsure of this, consider either fostering the puppy or the dog, or volunteering at any shelter, before committing for a long term relationship.
- Puppies or dogs require regular walks and exercises. You need to be ready to take them out everyday so they can get those walks. Assess your daily routine and lifestyle. If you can commit to this, only then get a pet.
- Puppies and dogs require regular health check-up and vaccinations. You need to be ready to take them to veterinary clinics as and when required.
- Your priorities change over time. You may have a family with kids, or you may move overseas. And dogs live for 10 to 15 years. When your priorities change, you should be responsible to not give up the dog or abandon it.
Adopting a puppy or a dog is the most satisfying and selfless thing that a person can do. But it is also crucial to know that this adds on the responsibilities for at least 10 to 15 years till the dog lives with you. So, take your time and then make a decision.
There is a website Dog Spot where you can check for puppies and dogs available for adoption.
Giving Love a Home: Where to Adopt Puppies in Bangalore?
I am happy to see Bangalore as a city becoming more dog-friendly, especially towards stray dogs. There are many animal welfare organisations that have come forth to ensure these angels get a forever home. But here are the 5 organisations that I trust where you can adopt puppies in Bangalore.
Did you know that you can now adopt a retired police dog in Bangalore? Contact the DCP (CAR-South) for adoption on 080 2571 0856 or 080 2294 2370.
Let’s Live Together
Founded in 2009 by Achala Pani, Let’s Live Together is an animal welfare organisation dedicated to the welfare of animals, especially dogs. Their dedication to rescuing and rehoming dogs, as well as their commitment to raising awareness about animal welfare, has earned them recognition and support from animal lovers and organisations alike.
I have volunteered with Let’s Live Together and I think they are doing a fantastic job just to make sure the Indie puppies get homes.
If you want to get in touch with Let’s Live Together, call them on +91 9986413916.
Compassion Unlimited Plus Action (CUPA)
Dedicated to the rescue, care, and protection of animals, especially dogs and cats, CUPA is a well-known animal welfare organisation in Bangalore. Founded in 1991, CUPA organises and gets involved in many animal activities such as rescue and rehabilitation, shelters and adoption centres, spaying and neutering, advocating for animal rights and welfare, among others.
I really trust CUPA as I have been following and reading their stories for many years now. And I have been involved with them to a certain extent by donating the funds whenever I can to help out an animal.
If you want to get in touch with CUPA, send them an email at email@example.com.
CUPA has many centres across Bangalore, but the RT Nagar one opens from 9 AM on all days.
The Voice of Stray Dogs (VOSD)
Founded in 2013 by Rakesh Shukla, the VOSD is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the rescue, care, and welfare of stray dogs in India. Their mission is to improve the lives of stray and abandoned dogs, advocating for their rights, and promoting responsible pet ownership. Apart from the rescue and rehabilitation of the dogs, they also have a sanctuary named VOSD Dog Sanctuary and Hospital in a remote place close to Bangalore.
If you want to get in touch with VOSD, send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charlie’s Animal Rescue Centre (CARE)
Founded by Sudha Narayanan, CARE is an animal welfare organisation dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and welfare of stray and abandoned animals, especially dogs and cats. CARE aims to find suitable and loving homes for their rescued dogs and cats, emphasizing responsible pet ownership.
If you want to get in touch with CARE, call them on +91 9483911110 or +91 9035999372.
Karuna Animals Welfare Association Of Karnataka
Karuna Animals Welfare Association Of Karnataka is an animal welfare organisation making a positive impact on the lives of animals in Karnataka. Based in Hebbal and Kasturba Road, Karuna Animals Welfare Association Of Karnataka was founded with the goal of promoting animal welfare and creating a better life for animals in need.
If you want to get in touch with Karuna Animals Welfare Association Of Karnataka, send them an email on email@example.com.
Remember that adopting a puppy is not just a commitment for today or tomorrow – it’s a lifelong partnership. Through the ups and downs, your furry friend will be by your side, offering unwavering love and loyalty. By choosing to adopt the puppies or dogs, you are making a pawsitive impact on the lives of these adorable animals. Your decision not only changes their world but also contributes to the larger effort of promoting responsible pet ownership and reducing the number of stray animals in our city. So, Thank you!
How can you support me?
You know how much I love coffee, so you can buy me a coffee – Buy me Coffee!
Or you can purchase from my Travel Resources without any extra charge to you:
– For flight bookings – Use Skyscanner
– For stay and accommodations – Use Stay22
– For a comprehensive travel insurance – Use SafetyWing
– For tours and activity bookings – Use Viator or GetYourGuide
If you enjoyed and liked this article, do comment, tweet or share this post.
Do you have a question or a suggestion? Or want to know more information? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.